Ensuring Blind Review
JOCI operates a double-blind peer review process. To ensure the integrity of this review process, every effort should be made to prevent the identities of the authors and reviewers from being known to each other.
All authors, editors, and reviewers (who upload documents as part of their review) should also check to see if the following steps have been taken with regard to their text and file properties:
- The authors have ensured that there is no identifying title page nor author name declared in the document header.
- The authors of a document have deleted any appearances of their names from throughout the text, with "Author" and year used in the references and footnotes, instead of the authors' names, article title, etc.
- The authors of the document have removed personal information from the file properties by taking the following steps:
- Microsoft Word for Windows:
- Go to File
- Select Info
- Click on Check for Issues
- Click on Inspect Document
- In the Document Inspector dialog box, select the check boxes to choose the type of hidden content that you want inspected.
- Click Remove All
- Click Close
- Save the document
- Microsoft Word for MacOS:
- Go to Tools
- Click Protect Document
- Select Remove personal information for this file on save
- Click OK and save the file
Author names and full citations will be replaced in the copyediting phase after the manuscript has been accepted for publication.